Month of February Newsletter!
Club Updates due to COVID
PSCC continues to follow CA state COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. Hours of club operations and reservation requirements remain the same. Thank you for your continued cooperation. Stay well and Happy New Year!
- Cabana Club is open 9:00am - 8pm Monday - Sunday.
- Admission to the club is still limited to members only (no guests) to minimize crowding and maximize your experience.
- Gate access is admitted through the front office only.
- All members must sign a waiver or access will not be granted.
- Because our members' safety comes first, we adopted a reservation system for pool and tennis.
- Diving board, BBQ area, firepit, playground, and basketball hoop OPEN.
- Showers, bathrooms and changing rooms OPEN.
- Clubhouse/Snack Bar/Deck Parties not available.
- Ice machine and drinking fountain not available.
- Two lap swimming lanes available for one-hour blocks from Monday-Friday 6-7:00am and Monday-Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm**
- Family swimming available for two-hour blocks from 9:00am-8:00pm Monday-Sunday**
- Tennis courts available 9:00am-8:00pm Monday-Sunday.
- Reservations for pool or tennis court use can be made by calling our front office at 714-536-8091. As a reminder, please call to cancel your reservation if your plans change so other members can use your time. Thank you.
Physical Distancing and Health Declaration protocols will be maintained based on mandated guidelines from OC.gov.com, CDC, and USA Swimming and Association of Aquatic Professionals.
PSCC Operating and Member Protocols
Family Swim COVID-19 Guidelines (pdf)
Lap Swim COVID-19 Guidelines (pdf)
Tennis COVID-19 Guidelines (pdf)
If you do not feel well, please stay home.
Please immediately notify PSCC if you contract Covid-19 at (714) 536-8091.
Club Office Hours: Monday- Friday 9:00-6:30 pm and Saturday/Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
**Lap/family swimming unavailable during SCAC practice times. All 6 lanes will be used due to safe distancing and USA Swim requirements.
- PSCC Lifeguard Jobs Available for 2021
Accepting applications starting Monday, February 1, 2021
- Junior Lifeguard Prep Registration-Open to Members and Non-Members
Sessions 1-4 begin 3/1 & 3/2
Sessions 5-8 begin 3/29 & 3/30
PSCC Members: Registration starts Monday, February 1, 2021
Non-Members: Registration starts Monday, February 8, 2021
- Stroke Clinic-Members Only
Classes begin March 29-April 30
Registration starts March 1
PSCC Junior Lifeguard Preparatory Class 2021
"JG Prep" is a 12-class session offered to both PSCC members and non-members. Each class is designed to help improve swimming skills and physical conditioning needed for safely participating in a local junior lifeguard program. This class will help prepare new junior lifeguards in meeting the minimum requirements to qualify for a JG program or help returning junior lifeguards to get in shape for the summer program.
Registration starts February 1, 2021 for PSCC members and February 8 for Non-Members.
Classes begin in March. Registration forms are available online and available in the PSCC office.
Click here for JG Preparatory Class 2021 Registration Info
Click here for JG Preparatory Class 2021 Registration and Medical Release Forms
Please bring completed registration forms with payment by check or cash to Pacific Sands Cabana Club front office at 8141 Atlanta Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92646.
Payment is due upon registration. NO REFUNDS are available.
Hiring Cabana Club 2021 Lifeguards
Pacific Sands Cabana Club is accepting applications for part-time Lifeguards. Lifeguard applicants must hold the following certifications by first day of work:
- Lifeguard Certification
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer
- First Aid
- Work Permit (for students under 18)
Applicants must be 15 ½ years of age by March 31, 2021 and MUST be able to work most weekends & holidays starting in April through September 2021. Part-time weekday/evening hours will also be available after elementary and high school closes for summer break.
Applications will be available beginning January 18, 2021 online or at the Cabana Club 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
All applications must be submitted by Monday, March 15, 2021. Students under 18 will require a work permit.
Click here for Job Description/Information
Pool Use Schedule:
Surf City Aquatics Club (SCAC)
Monday – Friday 5:00 – 6:00 a.m.**
SCAC Swim Team
January 4, 2021– March 26, 2021
Monday – Friday 4:00 – 6:30 p.m.**
HB Marine Safety Lifeguard Requalification's 2021
#1 Sunday, February 21, 7 – 10:00 a.m.**
**Pool Closed during practice times.
Huntington Beach City Junior Lifeguard Try Outs and Marine Safety Lifeguard Re-Qualification
The City of Huntington Beach will be using the pool for HB City Junior Lifeguard tryouts and Marine Safety Lifeguard Re-qualifications starting in February - June. **The pool will be unavailable for member use during these dates and times.
Huntington Beach City
HB Marine Safety Lifeguard Requalification’s
Click here for Marine Safety Lifeguard Requalification dates