Month of May Newsletter!
Member gate code access is back starting Monday, May 3. Please call or stop by the office if you need to recall your personal log-in code. Club is back to open access from 7:00am-10:00pm!
Family swim reservations are discontinued, but we will continue reservations for two lap lanes and tennis courts.
Ice machine is now open. Ping Pong table available.
The clubhouse and snack bar remain closed.
"No guest" policy, gatherings for deck parties or club events remain on pause. PSCC continues to follow CA state COVID-19 mandated health and safety guidelines and will reassess club guest and event policy opportunities on June 15 following CA State COVID-19 guideline updates.
Thank you for your support and continued cooperation!
- Penguins Summer Swim Team 2021 - Members Only
Practices start Monday, May 3
3:30- 6:30 pm Monday - Friday*
- Junior Lifeguard Prep-Members and Non-Members
Classes end Thursday, 5/6. T/TH 6:30-8pm*
*One lane available for member swim; no lap lanes available.
- HBFD Junior Lifeguard Testing:
Tryout #3 Wednesday, 5/5 6:30-8:30pm (evening tryout) at Pacific Sands Cabana Club**
Tryout #5 Wednesday, 6/9 6:30-8:30pm (evening tryout) at Pacific Sands Cabana Club**
**Pool unavailable for member use during tryouts.
- Bathroom Remodel Update
Our bathrooms are getting an update. New flooring was installed on Monday, 4/5 – Wednesday, 4/7.
Additional updates to walls, stalls, countertops and lighting will be installed during May.
Bathrooms will be closed temporarily, but portable restrooms will be available in between the clubhouse and bathroom building. Specific dates will be announced and posted.
PSST Penguins 2021 Summer Registration - Members Only
Pacific Sands Swim Team, is a member only, summer competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities from 4-18 years old. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to CIF competitor. Registration is still open.
Practices Start Monday, May 3
Reminder: Accounts are inactive until registration has been paid and approved.
Pool Rules and Reminders
With our warmer weather there are more members in the pool. Please review a few important reminders and help keep our pool clean and our children safe.
1. Even when a lifeguard is on duty, no child under 14 (fourteen) years of age will be allowed to swim without an adult or guardian at poolside with them. State of California and insurance regulations.
2. Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children. Children under 14 (fourteen) years of age are not allowed at the Club without an adult or guardian. Children 14 years of age and older and unaccompanied by an adult or guardian are expected to follow all pool and club rules.
3. No child under the age of three (3) will be allowed to enter either pool without a swim diaper. No swim diaper, no entry into the pools. No exceptions regardless if they are considered potty trained. Parent shall also monitor child and immediately notify club manager of possible contamination of pool water/deck/restrooms, etc. Failing to notify manager will result in the closure of the pool upon removal of substance and fines.
Pool Use Schedule:
Surf City Aquatics Club – SCAC
5:00 – 6:00 a.m. Monday – Friday
Pacific Sands Penguins Swim Team
May 3 - June 25 Schedule (School in Session)
3:30 – 6:30 p.m. Monday – Friday*
June 28-July 23 Schedule (Summer Break)
7:00 am - 1:15 pm M-F*
4:00 – 5:00 pm M-F (Two Lap Lanes closed; pool open)
*One lane open for member swim; no lap lanes available.